Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The N-Controller Avenger



The N-Controller Avenger is a clip-on product for standard X-Box controllers "designed for harcore gamers who want to take their abilities to the next level." Essentially, it's a casing that fits over a regular controller so that you can keep your thumbs on the controller's analog sticks while simultaneously having all of the buttons within reach. You can see more videos of it in action on the Avenger Controller website.

Although I'm admittedly not a hardcore gamer, the N-Controller seems a bit like overkill for most video games to me, but I do wonder about it's potential for digital puppetry applications. I've tried doing digital puppetry with game pads in the past and never liked it. At just $40 each I'm tempted to order one of these and try it out to see if it's useful.

Via Joystiq.

No comments: